Friday, May 11, 2012

What are your expectations for your children after high school?

Several friends of mine have been discussing what they expect from their children after high school and why.  I have always had the mindset that all of my children will finish college (traditionally).  However, I am considering other options and really thinking about them.

What options have I considered so far?

1. College at home (either part or in full) through online classes or College Plus.

2. Staying at home while pursuing more education/training.  Perhaps taking a Bible course, Science course, Math course, researching areas of interest independently, volunteering time/ ministering, helping our family (teaching a class to a sibling or helping with the running of the household).

3. Traditional College


I haven't put a huge amount of time into thinking about this at this point, but I would love to learn from you some of the options that you are considering.  Please help me in this growth process by sharing what your graduates are doing or what you are considering.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment